Our 3rd annual Patient Appreciation Day on Monday November 25 8am-8pm! Discount package pricing on designer eyewear, full selection of frame lines AND enjoy 20% off your first pair and 50% off your second pair! Sunglasses included!! Stop by anytime during the event. Outside prescriptions welcomed!
Trying on the Bose Audio Sunglasses! They are wireless bluetooth enabled (the white cable is just a security tag). The sound quality was quite good, as you would expect from Bose, but the fit of the Altos were awkward due to the hardware in the temples. The Rondos that I’m wearing here were much better. Definitely need to be fit in person, like all eyewear.
These would be great for an athlete like a runner or cyclist, or someone who works outside all day.
So interesting to see new innovations in the eyewear space!
It’s #NationalSunglassesDay and it’s going to be a scorcher 💥, so remember your sunglasses this weekend and year-round! 😎
Not all sunglasses are created equal, so make sure you invest in lenses that have proper UV protection. Come in to Whitby Vision Care: Drs. Schmitz, Sujo, Andrews & Sivasegaran or Brooklin Vision Care: Dr. Schmitz and Dr. Sujo, Associates in Optometry and talk to our helpful associates if you have any questions!
Read this post for more tips on how to choose good sunglasses: Not All Sunglasses Are Created Equal
It’s going to be sunny this weekend – Don’t forget to protect your eyes! UV protection is important year-round. UV exposure increases on reflective surfaces, such as snow, so you can suffer from sun damage even in the winter. Make sure you grab those sunglasses before you leave the house!
Here are some helpful tips from this article (Don’t Forget To Protect Your Eyes This Winter)
- When eyes absorb too much UV light, growths on the front of the eye and eye cancers, especially on the delicate skin surrounding the eyes.
- People with lighter coloured eyes and skin are even more at risk for damage as they have less of the protective pigment that helps absorb these rays.
- UV rays are stronger during the spring and summer months, but we should be particularly mindful in the winter since UV exposure increases on reflective surfaces, such as snow.
- Wear UV-blocking sunglasses with wrap-around frames to keep the sun out from the sides, and broad-brimmed hats.
- Maintain regular visits with your optometrist who will assess your individual eye health and discuss the best options for protecting your eyes year-round
- Comprehensive eye exams with a doctor of optometry can also reveal insight about your overall health – eg. eye diseases, but also serious health conditions which often have early warning signs present in the eye.
- The eyelid area is one of the areas of the body where skin cancer is first diagnosed.
- Good vision and good eye health are often unrelated. You may have 20/20 vision but you may also have risk factors for UV related eye disease.