Even the grinch needs his eyes checked! Call now to schedule your comprehensive eye exam – it’s important for us to check the health of your eyes, even if you don’t need to wear glasses! (905) 666-4848
Directive #2 has been revised, and Ontario optometrists can now begin seeing patients for non-urgent care. We will be following the requirements from the Ministry of Health, under guidance of the College of Optometrists of Ontario. These guidelines are designed to protect the public and ensure we are providing the safest care possible.
Here’s what to expect:
What has changed?
- Patients will be asked if they are ill or have COVID-19 symptoms when booking appointments, and likely when they arrive at the office.
- Patients will be asked to make appointments, rather than come for walk-in care, and will be asked to come at the appointment time (not early or late). This will help ensure the waiting room has the fewest number of people at any one time.
- When you schedule an appointment, your optometrist will ask you to bring your own mask. If you do not have a mask, they may be able to provide one (for a fee), or may have to reschedule your appointment.
- A hand sanitizing station will be available at the office entrance. You will be required to sanitize your hands when you enter the office.
- Optometrists and staff that you interact with will be wearing personal protective equipment (like masks or other shields) that covers their mouth, nose, and eyes.
- Optometrists may perform different tests and procedures than in the past, choosing to do only those that are needed in the moment and waiting to perform others until a later time.
What if I need to have an eye exam to renew my driver’s licence?
The Government of Ontario has extended the time your driver’s licence is valid. If your licence is expiring soon, you do not need to renew it until the government has resumed these services.
Want to apply for Police Services? We offer Police / RCMP Eye Tests. We can help you complete your application quickly! Not all optometry clinics have the peripheral vision testing or the colour vision test, but we have everything you need to complete the vision exam at our office!
Call now to book and mention your application, so that we can do our best to get everything done on one day! Call us 905-666-4848
OPP Information Session (Oshawa). We are hiring! Join our
OPP recruiter in #Oshawa to learn more about becoming an OPP officer on Mar 12. To register https://t.co/TMNmzC3kw4. For more dates and locations, please visit https://t.co/RuBNvRUHvF (scroll to bottom of the page). ^dr pic.twitter.com/aQkfgeTdso
— OPP Recruitment Unit (@OPP_Hire) February 12, 2020
The key to prevention is proper sanitary practices and staying home if you are sick! We do always clean our equipment after each patient, but please consider rescheduling your appointment if you have any cold/flu symptoms. (905) 666-4848